Gale Dunlap’s Experience as a Business and Career Consultant
Thanks again for checking out my website. I know that you have lots of choices in working with a professional and I appreciate that you’re considering me.
How my approach is different
Many career coaches come from a career in Human Resources or have a counseling background.
My background and training is business – marketing, marketing strategy and executive education.
I’ve spent years working with and for different types of organizations and mainly with senior management. I understand the issues you face and the concerns you have. I speak your language.
That’s why Standout Strategies focuses on this segment of the market. (Scroll down to view details of my bio).
Another difference in my practice is my emphasis on clients developing a marketing perspective in every action they take during their job search or career change. This means to always look at an issue from the other person’s perspective, not theirs. In this case, from the prospective employer’s position.
The job market is fairly healthy now. Unemployment is relatively low in many regions of the country. But it’s never an easy job market.
It will always payoff if you can be clear about the value you provide to a prospective employer and can identify the ways you stand out from the competition. Contact me – I will help you do that.
I’ll help you make changes to your resume as well as work with you to present yourself in such a way that employers immediately understand the value you can bring to their organization.
I work via video conference, in person and by phone.
The process does not have to take long and
there is no charge for our initial conversation.
I look forward to hearing from you,
How a Business Consultant Like Me Can Help in Your Career Development
Interview Preparation and Presentation
Worked with high potential entrepreneurs, preparing them for investor presentations and reviewing their business plans.
- Vice-president, Colorado Capital Alliance
- Consultant to the Boulder Technology Incubator
- Consultant to the Kauffman Foundation, Kansas City, in private investor (angel) financing
Marketing and Marketing Strategy
- Marketing consultant to multiple companies and non-profits through my consulting firm
- Interim director of admissions at the Dawson School (college preparatory school)
- Business consultant to entrepreneurs at the Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Designed and managed multiple management education programs.
- Consultant to Gulf Oil’s Management Institute (Boston, MA)
- Consultant to Babson College to design and market their first executive education programs
- Director of customer service training at Neodata, the largest fulfillment company in the U.S.
10+ years in management consulting with Cambridge Communications Group
- Partial client list: McDonalds, Lex Hotels, Pfizer, Amoco, U.S. Army, Gulf Oil
- B.S., journalism, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- M.B.A., High Distinction, Olin Graduate School of Management, Babson College, Wellesley, MA
- YWCA Woman of the Year
- Woman Who Lights Up the Community, Boulder Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Human Services Coalition, Boulder, CO
- Long term volunteer, Humane Societies and Animal Protectives in multiple cities