Gale’s Experience as Business and Career Consultant
I’m a small business consultant to start-ups and entrepreneurs and a career consultant to job seekers hungry for success. I’m passionate about helping you grow.
The work I do at Standout Strategies is the most satisfying work I have ever done. I’m able to use the skills and experience I’ve gained from a career in marketing to help job seekers and business owners present themselves or their businesses more effectively.
This is a tough market. You’ve got to find ways to stand out from the competition, whether that’s in business or in the job market. I can help you do that.
How is my approach different? My experience is in business – years of it – and specifically in marketing and management training . I’ve worked for Fortune 500 companies like Amoco and Pfizer, small businesses, start-ups and many non-profits including the YWCA, the Kauffman Foundation, and multiple Humane Societies (See my bio below).
I’ve got the skills and experience to help you be more effective in your business. And if you’re looking for a job, I know what businesses are looking for. I will help you make changes to your resume and in your presentation that will allow you to clearly show the value you bring to an employer.
I work via Skype, Gmail Chat and in person. And if it’s a powerful resume you need, I can get your information by phone and email. We don’t have to meet.
The process does not have to take long and
there is no charge for our initial conversation.
I look forward to hearing from you,
How a Small Business Consultant Like Me Can Help You Grow Your Business
Interview Preparation and Presentation
Worked with high potential entrepreneurs, preparing them for investor presentations and reviewing their business plans.
- Vice-president, Colorado Capital Alliance
- Consultant to the Boulder Technology Incubator
- Consultant to the Kauffman Foundation, Kansas City, in private investor (angel) financing
Marketing and Marketing Strategy
- Marketing consultant to multiple companies and non-profits through my consulting firm
- Interim director of admissions at the Dawson School (college preparatory school)
- Business consultant to entrepreneurs at the Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Designed and managed multiple management education programs.
- Consultant to Gulf Oil’s Management Institute (Boston, MA)
- Consultant to Babson College to design and market their first executive education programs
- Director of customer service training at Neodata, the largest fulfillment company in the U.S.
10+ years in management consulting with Cambridge Communications Group
- Partial client list: McDonalds, Lex Hotels, Pfizer, Amoco, U.S. Army, Gulf Oil
- B.S., journalism, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- M.B.A., High Distinction, Olin Graduate School of Management, Babson College, Wellesley, MA
- YWCA Woman of the Year
- Woman Who Lights Up the Community, Boulder Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Human Services Coalition, Boulder, CO
- Long term volunteer, Humane Societies and Animal Protectives in multiple cities